May 7, 2007

Guffman was worth the wait

Waithing for Guffman was fantastic, and I couldn't have picked a better film to have been shown to emphasize documentary in the modern day comedy. I love Christopher Guest's in depth portrayl of his characters, and how each of them fed off of the town and one and other. I felt like I was watching a circus the entire time - some of it was just so ridiculous, but, in fact, did remind me of everyday people in everyday situations. Who doesn't want to get out of their small town and make something of theirselves? Recapture their youth? Find some sort of path to take before you end up working drive through of a fast food place the rest of your life? In the quest to figure out who they were and where they wanted to go, watching the caust of Waiting for Guffman literally made my day and left me wondering how I had never come across this film until this class.

No comments: