May 6, 2007

David Holzman's diary

What a movie. I think film is one of the best film in cinema verite, real or not. I was believing every second of this film until the credits rolled. The forgotten silver had me for a good part of the beginning of the movie, but david holzmans diary had me the whole way. I as the viewer was feeling for this guy every moment of the film. I was pulled into his neurosis, and felt as though I wanted him to really succeed at finding out what his life was about, and making his film. At the same time though I hated david holzman because for two hours I was under the impression that back in the sixties there was this really annoying guy who made these crazy home diaries, dated this awesome looking model, and totally would have been some one I would not hang out with. It is ridiculous to think of The number of emotions I felt by going on this journey through this one man's life, and it was all made up in some movie. I've had films "touch" me, but nothing ever gets to you more than something that's real. This film stirs real emotions in people until the second it is over.

No comments: