May 7, 2007

Good Night and Good Luck

Good Night and Good Luck dripped with nostalgic references to a time long passed. Not being a baby boomer, I have difficulty discerning what is fact and what is fiction on a topic that took place so many decades ago.

What impressed me the most as a cinematographer was their attention to recreating the "shooting style" of the era, along with the musical moods and overall cinematic atmosphere.

The class screening was the second time I'd seen it, and I think I took more away with that reiteration. Since I am only versed in the Murrow/McCarthy information to the extent that it appears in Trivial Pursuit, I was forced to pay more attention to plot than style initially.

I truly believe that it is a masterpiece and a time capsule; assuming that its content falls closer to fact than fiction. A superb choice for discussion.

No comments: