May 7, 2007

House on 92nd St. Propoganda?

Do we really think that house on 92nd St was indeed propoganda? That wasn't quite the first thing that came to mind while watching it - I loved what the movie was - a war noir that got your heart rate going. Extremely entertaining, and believeable. But why must we jump to the face that it was meant to be propoganda? Why can't it just be what it IS: entertainment for an audience that was in the middle of a war? I suppose you could look deeply into it, examine it's makeup and probably come to the conclusion that the government is indeed trying to relay its deep dark secrets. I definitly saw the message that the FBI is meant to be feared and that they mean business. It closed in the idea that no one can ever get away with anything under the clear and precise watch of the ever so sneaky FBI - I can see how this made people feel safe, probably at a time when their government wasn't telling them much to begin with. The stereotypical masculine woman came to be very interesting to me - I never really thought anything of it until after the movie.

No comments: